Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Exile Is Over!!!!!

Well the two week layoff (exile) from riding my bike ended today. I decided that for the return to the bike I should take it easy. Ride a nice slow ride in a fairly safe area. So i decided to treat my wife to a short ride around Sory park here in town. I have no idea what the real name of it is, I just know it is across the street from Sory elementary school. It is a mile long wide concrete path. Wide enough for two riders to ride side by side. Very similar to the concrete paths at Isle Dubois state park on lake Ray Roberts. So I decided to spend a leisurely 45 minutes just slowly pedaling around the trail area. I ended up going just at four miles. I have to admit I was a little leery. I wouldn't have thought the crash would have had any effect on me but it did, trepidation was in the house. I don't know if I was just nervous about it happening again, the crash I still don't remember any of, or the fact I might have lost my ability to balance the bike for awhile yet. But no problems popped up, I calmed down and had a really enjoyable ride. The trail is actually a cool place to ride, the top is semi up and down with a little hill that is semi challenging to climb, and a good speed rush to go down. The trail at the bottom by the athletic center is flat and circular. I think it would be  great place to take young bike riders to hone up on their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment